Lovely moist spicy cake. Entry for Ready, Set Cook #3 contest.
Make and share this Pumpkin Banana Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts, divided
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon crushed toasted pine nuts
- Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until smooth.
- Stir in pumpkin and banana.
- In a second bowl, combine remaining ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup toated pine nuts.
- Stir to mix, add to wet ingredients, mix together only until moistened.
- Sprinkle bottom of a greased 10 inch tube pan with remaining toasted pine nuts.
- Pour batter into tube pan.
- Bake in 350f degree oven for 1 hour or until tester inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack and glaze.
- Glaze: Combine brown sugar, butter, spices and cream in a small saucepan.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Spoon over warm cake, sprinkle with crushed pine nuts.