Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
We love pumpkin bread and banana bread, so why not combine them. I was experimenting the other day, came up with this recipe. Wife and kids loved it.
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin (canned)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Butter and flour a loaf pan or a jumbo muffin tin (holds 9 muffins).
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and the butter. One at a time, add the eggs. Add the bananas and pumpkin. Mix until everything is well combined.
- In a second bowl, sift together the baking soda, salt, four and spice. Mix the moist ingredients into the dry ingredients. Pour the batter into the loaf pan or muffin tins. Bake in the oven one hour to 1 hour 12 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil if/when turns brownish. Done when toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- (NOTE: If wish to just make banana bread, omit the pumpkin, add one additional banana, omit the spice, follow directions as is).
I made this last night for my co-works for Halloween and it came out so good the first round, I made a second loaf for my son's daycare lady. I used a bit more pie spice than it called for, as well as pumpkin and it turned out great. Oh, and I added walnuts which made it delish! Thank you!
I loved this bread!! I added a little extra banana and a little extra pumpkin to make it a bit more dense. It was absolutely delicious and I will definitely be making it again. I tried sprinkling the pumpkin pie spice/sugar combination that another member suggested, but it didn't form a crispy topping for me. It actually was a bit gooier than the spots without it. It still added a nice little something extra though, so I would certainly recommend trying that at well.
Easy and delicious - great combo of two of my favourite quick breads! I doubled the pumpkin pie spice, as I love spices, and also combined two Tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp Pumpkin PIe spice to sprinkle on top before putting it in the oven - it makes a beautiful and crunchy topping. Thanks for posting, Rhos!