Recipe by RHOS
We love pumpkin bread and banana bread, so why not combine them. I was experimenting the other day, came up with this recipe. Wife and kids loved it.
Top Review by HawaiianBaker
I wasn't sure what the pumpkin-banana combination would be like, but these were great! I cut the sugar waaay down (to about 1/4 cup), added a little honey (~2 Tbsp), used half whole wheat flour, and added lots more pumpkin pie spice (per other recommendations).
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin (canned)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Butter and flour a loaf pan or a jumbo muffin tin (holds 9 muffins).
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and the butter. One at a time, add the eggs. Add the bananas and pumpkin. Mix until everything is well combined.
- In a second bowl, sift together the baking soda, salt, four and spice. Mix the moist ingredients into the dry ingredients. Pour the batter into the loaf pan or muffin tins. Bake in the oven one hour to 1 hour 12 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil if/when turns brownish. Done when toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- (NOTE: If wish to just make banana bread, omit the pumpkin, add one additional banana, omit the spice, follow directions as is).