1 hr 15 mins
In 'Williams-Sonoma Vegetable'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the pumpkin, then cut the flesh into slices 1/2-inch thick.
- 2In a heavy nonstick frying pan, heat 3 tablespoons oil over med-high heat.
- 3In batches, lightly saute the pumpkin slices in a single layer, turning once, until lightly browned and just tender, about 6 minutes.
- 4Do not crowd teh pan, or the slices may fall apart.
- 5Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a platter with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- 6Return the pan to medium heat and add the onion.
- 7Saute lightly, adding more oil if needed to prevent scorching, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- 8Add the garlic to taste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, then add the tomatoes and season to taste with salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar.
- 9Continue to cook uncovered over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until the tomatoes break down and the mixture has form a saucelike consistency, 15-20 minutes.
- 10Stir in the rosemary and remove from the heat.
- 11Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 12Arrange a layer of pumpkin slices in the bottom of an 13 x 9 inch baking dish (or 11 to 12-inch square baking dish) with 3 inch sides.
- 13Top with about 1/3 of the tomato sauce.
- 14Repeat, making 3 layers each of pumpkin and sauce and ending with a layer of sauce.
- 15Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 16Bake until the top is lightly glazed and browned in spots and the pumpkin is tender when pierced with a knife, 35-45 minutes, checking it after about 25 minutes.
- 17Remove from the oven and serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Baked With Tomatoes and Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.5
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g