Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a slightly sweet soup and is wonderful on a cold night with a grilled swiss cheese sandwhich. I think that it is good as is, or you can play with it a little! Enjoy! Note: If you want to add some tang to the soup, you can substitute up to 1 cup of milk with yoghert.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans pumpkin
- 1 3⁄4 cups apple cider
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, cooked very crispy and crumbled
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 dashes cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions (for garnish)
- Mix all of the ingredients together (not garnish and reserving a little of the bacon for garnish) and heat over medium.
- Ladle into soup bowls and top each cup with 1 tsp of sliced green onion and the remainder of the bacon to serve.
This was very good! Next time I make it I will substitute granulated garlic for the garlic salt ( just to cut back on the salt ) and add 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper to kick it all up just a bit! Thanks for posting a keeper!
I really enjoyed this soup although my husband didn't care that much for it -- of course, he doesn't care much for any soup so his vote on soup doesn't carry much weight. I thought it was a nice change of pace!