Recipe by JustJanS
I got the original off the internet a long time ago, but added the wine, onion, and nutmeg to make it a little more interesting.
Top Review by Sueie
I've had this in my cookbook for ages and was doing a tidy up and came across it. I am really going to have to try recipes shortly after I save them. This is a real treat. Really easy and DELICIOUS. I wish I had tried this earlier, but there are always so many good recipes constantly coming through it is a challenge to keep up with them. I am now on a mission to try out other recipes that I have kept, and not got around to trying.
- 2 cups steamed and lightly crushed pumpkin
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion
- 50 ml white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock (made with cube is fine)
- 250 ml pouring cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the onion and bacon until cooked.
- Add the white wine, stock, pumpkin, and cream and heat gently.
- Remove from heat, and stir through Parmesan cheese.
- Check for seasonings and add as necessary.
- Serve over the pasta of your choice (I like Penne).
- Serve sprinkled with parsley and offer extra Parmesan.