Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thick soup with lots of flavour! A great meal with fresh bread.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 onion
- 6 cups pumpkin puree or 6 cups squash puree
- 1 potato
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1. Cut up bacon (scissors are easiest). Fry in a large soup pot until crispy. Remove bacon from pan, but leave oil.
- 2. Chop onion and fry in bacon oil until soft.
- 3. Precook potato in microwave or stove top.
- 4. Add pumpkin, potato, corn, milk and mushroom soup to pot and heat through. Add more milk if you like thinner soup.
- 5. Serve and sprinkle bowls with fried bacon.