Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Based on Pumpkin & Sweet Basil Pasta.
Make and share this Pumpkin, Bacon and Sundried Tomato Pasta Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g pumpkin
- 150 g diced bacon
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 500 g spiral pasta
- 425 g condensed creamy pumpkin soup
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1⁄2 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup sundried tomatoes, sliced thinly
- olive oil
- grated tasty cheese, extra
- Cut pumpkin into small cubes. Toss lightly in oil. Roast at 200 degrees until tender.
- Fry bacon and onion in a little olive oil. When onion is nearly tender, add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Cook pasta until almost cooked, about 9 minutes in boiling water.
- Add soup, wine, milk & basil to bacon and onion mix, stirring well, simmer until hot. Add cheeses and stir to combine.
- Mix pumpkin, pine nuts, sundried tomatoes and sauce in with the pasta. Place into a 3L capacity oven safe dish. Top with extra grated cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
nice easy dish. left out the soup, but added a dollop of sour cream. I was too sick to eat this, but it got great reviews from the other diners :) How to make it again and actually taste it.