Recipe by SoCalCookerGal
I have been baking this bread for over 20 years. I'm not sure where I got the recipe from but its a KEEPER! It is very moist and makes the house smell like AUTUMN. This recipe makes 2 loaves.
Top Review by Outta Here
Very moist and tasty! Loved the amount of spices-just right! I only made one loaf and cut the sugar to 1 cup, but I think 3/4 cup would be plenty for us. Thanks for this keeper.
- 946.36 ml sifted flour
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml clove
- 1.23 ml ginger
- 453.59 g can pumpkin
- 236.59 ml oil
- 4 eggs
- 158.51 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- In a seperate bowl beat together the pumpkin, oil, eggs and water.Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Pour one half of the batter into each loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place on a rack and after 10 minutes remove from pan and let cool.