Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have been baking this bread for over 20 years. I'm not sure where I got the recipe from but its a KEEPER! It is very moist and makes the house smell like AUTUMN. This recipe makes 2 loaves.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- In a seperate bowl beat together the pumpkin, oil, eggs and water.Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Pour one half of the batter into each loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place on a rack and after 10 minutes remove from pan and let cool.
Very moist and tasty! Loved the amount of spices-just right! I only made one loaf and cut the sugar to 1 cup, but I think 3/4 cup would be plenty for us. Thanks for this keeper.
Yum, yum, yum!!! This pumpkin bread is outstanding! It has a lovely moist inside with a crunchy crust and the taste is sooooooooo nice! The spices all go very well together and make for a very enjoyable autumn bread. I was instantly brought into a holiday mood. :) The only thing I changed was to make half the recipe and use only 1/2 cup of sugar for it. That way the bread was still very sweet, but not overly so. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this superb recipe with us, SCCG! I will surely make this again for my family this season as I think Ive found my favourite pumpkin bread recipe for now. Made and reviewed to thank you for choosing me in Veggie Swap #15 Octobre 09.
Like many chefs here on Zaar, I have my own pumpkin bread recipe, but am always up for trying out those of others! This particular recipe definitely makes for some GREAT TASTING, PLAIN & SIMPLE, PUMPKIN BREAD! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]