Recipe by SoCalCookerGal
I have been baking this bread for over 20 years. I'm not sure where I got the recipe from but its a KEEPER! It is very moist and makes the house smell like AUTUMN. This recipe makes 2 loaves.
Top Review by Outta Here
Very moist and tasty! Loved the amount of spices-just right! I only made one loaf and cut the sugar to 1 cup, but I think 3/4 cup would be plenty for us. Thanks for this keeper.
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- In a seperate bowl beat together the pumpkin, oil, eggs and water.Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Pour one half of the batter into each loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place on a rack and after 10 minutes remove from pan and let cool.