I have been baking this bread for over 20 years. I'm not sure where I got the recipe from but its a KEEPER! It is very moist and makes the house smell like AUTUMN. This recipe makes 2 loaves.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- In a seperate bowl beat together the pumpkin, oil, eggs and water.Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Pour one half of the batter into each loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place on a rack and after 10 minutes remove from pan and let cool.