Recipe by VeggieHippie
Something I made up to match the season.
Top Review by Kim127
This had a good flavor and the topping came out wonderful, a little crunchy and very tasty! The bread itself was quite dense and almost too moist. I baked it for an extra 10 minutes, but didn't want to burn it. A toothpick inserted came out clean, but the middle almost seemed underdone. I do think this would be great if served warm with vanilla ice cream, almost like a pudding...hmmm may need to get some ice cream. Thanks Veggie Hippie! I am so happy I selected your recipes for the Fall 2007 PAC!
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagejello instant vanilla pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup diced apple, tossed in lemon juice (to prevent browning)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Sift Flour and spices in a bowl. Add pudding mix. Set aside.
- Mix Eggs, oil and puree.
- Add in sugar.
- Then flour mixture. (mix til combined only).
- Stir in diced apples.
- Pour into a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- Mix streusel topping together, sprinkle over loaf, and place in oven.
- Cook for about 65 mins, or until tests done with a clean toothpick.