1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Asiago Soup
Chef Regina V. Smith's Note:
This soup is a perfect appetizer course for a fall dinner party. It can be partially prepared 2 days prior to your dinner party. The recipe is from the December 2007 issue of Canadian House and Home Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (3/4 cup small dice)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (796 ml) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- grated orange zest (garnish)
- grated asiago cheese, and
- chili powder, for sprinkling (garnish)
- 1In a soup pot, heat olive oil and onion on mdeium high heat. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2Gradually stir in chicken stock.
- 3Add pumpkin puree, cream chili powder, thyme and salt. Bring to a simmer. (The soup may be made up to this point a couple of days ahead, cooled and refrigerated.)
- 4To finish, bring the soup back to a simmer to heat through. Add more stock or water to thin to a desired consistency. Remove from heat.
- 5Stir in 1/2 cup grated Asiago just before serving. Ladle into serving bowls and top with a generous grating of Asiago, a sprinkling or chili powder and a sprinkling of orange zest. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Asiago Soup
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.8
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 647.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: