Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Variation of Recipe 13251. I accidentally added a can of pumpkin instead of 1 cup.
Make and share this Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins Version 2 recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups peeled cored and grated apples
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease 24 muffin cups or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 cups sugar, spices, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, pumpkin and oil.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stirring just to moisten.
- Fold in apples.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- For the streusel: In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over muffin batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
These were very tasty muffins. I used room-temp butter for the streusel, which made it come out a little strange (I also added extra cinnamon), but it all tasted really good! I subbed some applesauce for some of the oil.