Recipe by blucoat
This is a modified version of the Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffin recipe found on this site. It has less fat and sugar and still tastes great! It also cuts down the baking time. For an even lower calorie recipe, omit the streusel topping.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin or 1 cup cooked pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 cups finely chopped apples
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons cold butter or 4 teaspoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and applesauce; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in apples.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.