Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious! This is a favorite muffin recipe - I am required to make them at least once every fall. I substitute freshly ground whole grain flour for the all-purpose. **PLEASE NOTE**. If you substitute store-bought wheat flour for the all-purpose, you do not need to add the additional amount of flour - just use the same amount as all-purpose. My picture is of the whole grain version.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour or 3 cups freshly ground soft wheat flour or 3 cups oat flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or 1/4 cup canola oil plus 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce)
- 2 cups apples, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine egg, pumpkin and oil (or oil + applesauce).
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Stir in apples.
- Spoon batter into greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling ¾ full.
- In small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, ¼ cup sugar and ½ teaspoons Ground cinnamon. Cut in 4 teaspoons Butter, until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over batter.
- Bake in preheated 350* oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.