1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Apple Spice Bread (Vegan or Not)
1 hr 15 mins
Lisa Clarice's Note:
This is a wonderful pumpkin, apple spice bread! I give both vegan and regular baking option, but I bake this vegan because the banana makes it super moist. This recipe makes two loaves. One option is to make one loaf and then save half the batter for muffins. Bake muffins for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour (whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup butter (or vegan butter)
- 2 eggs (or one ripe banana or any egg substitute)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons sugar (for topping)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (for topping)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (for topping)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease loaf pan. This recipe makes two loaves. So you can save half the recipe for muffins or a second loaf.
- 3Combine sugars and butter in mixer.
- 4Next add vanilla, pumpkin, and eggs (or banana) and mix.
- 5In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, soda, powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Now add this to the batter.
- 6Once all mixed well together, last add the raisins and apples.
- 7Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- 8During the last ten minutes of baking, combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of bread. Topping is optional.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Apple Spice Bread (Vegan or Not)
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.8
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.2 mg
- Sodium 502.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 64.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g