A nice soup to start a turkey dinner. Can be made a day ahead. If it thickens a little, thin it with a little stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast pine nuts in heavy skillet 5 - 7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 4Add onions, garlic & ginger; cook 3 - 5 minutes till onions are soft.
- 5Stir in stock, pumpkin & apples and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
- 6Reduce heat to medium low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes until apples are tender.
- 7Puree soup with an immersion blender.
- 8Stir in Half & Half.
- 9Season with Salt & Pepper.
- 10Garnish with a swirl of sour cream and a sprinkle of pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin-Apple Soup
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.9
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.7 mg
- Sodium 313.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 8.6 g