Recipe by landlocked #2
I love to eat and drink fall’s beautiful and nutritious fresh fruits and vegetables! This delicious seasonal smoothie is bursting with beta-carotene and other important antioxidants like quercitin found in apples. This smoothie tastes great cool or even warmed up for a treat (omit the ice and warm almond milk before adding to blender if making into a hot beverage).
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin (or pumpkin from a box or BPA free can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 apple, cored
- ice, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Add pumpkin, almond milk, apple, cinnamon, apple pie spice, chia seeds, ice, ginger, honey to blender.
- Blend on high for at least 45 – 60 seconds, until smooth.
- Pour into glass and garnish with chia seeds and cinnamon.
- Pumpkin: butternut squash, acorn squash.
- Apple: pear, peach.
- Apple pie spice: pumpkin pie spice, more cinnamon and ginger.
- Honey: agave nectar, maple syrup.
- Almond milk: coconut milk.