Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Made this last year and it was good! I am not a fan of pumpkin pie but add the apples and I am now! Making it again this year!!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix together sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add egg and beat slightly.
- Add corn syrup, pumpkin and evaporated milk; blend well.
- Spread apple pie filling in the uncooked pie crust.
- Gently pour pumpkin filling over the apples.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted into center of pie comes out clean.
- Chill a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
This is a tasty pie! I would have never thought to combine apples and pumpkin, but it is a good combination! Thanks for sharing.
A unique twist on a standard pumpkin pie. The flavors were spot on but the texture threw some of us off having the apples in the midst of all that pumpkin. It did not bother me as much as I'm used to a pumpkin/mincemeat pie which uses apples but others thought they would have preferred one or the other type of pie. With that said with the flavors being there and the instructions perfect to make this pie I'm not going below 4 Stars because I truly think it is more of a texture thing for some than others. ( Just like you like liking just pumpkin pie! ha ha) I think next time I might just try chopping the apple pie filling up a bit to make more of apple chunks than large slices and that might help with some of the texture issues. Great addition to my pie cookbooks. Made for PRMR tag game during the Thanksgiving Holiday!