- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine pumpkin, butter, and eggs, and add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in chopped apple, and spoon into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.