Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Southern Living.
Make and share this Pumpkin-Apple Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of mixture.
- In another bowl, combine pumpkin, butter, and eggs; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in chopped apple.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans; fill 2/3 full.
- Mix together 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes; remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks.
Made these for a church planning brunch yesterday. They didn't last long. Have been asked for the recipe. Will be making again. Made for Football Pool 2012.
This recipe can also be found on the www.recipe4living.com website. Thanks for posting! These are truly yummy muffins!
This is the 2nd time I've tried to review this recipe! Not sure what's going on. Anyway LOVED these muffins. DH and 2 year old DD gobbled them up. I followed the recipe exactly, but did need to bake a couple minutes longer. I guess I filled my cups too full because I only got 16 muffins! This was the perfect tasty, fall inspired healthy treat I was looking for! The only thing I'll do differently next time is double or triple the batch! Thanks for posting!