Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Southern Living.
Make and share this Pumpkin-Apple Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of mixture.
- In another bowl, combine pumpkin, butter, and eggs; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in chopped apple.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans; fill 2/3 full.
- Mix together 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes; remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks.