- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml flour
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml apple, chopped
- 118.29 ml walnuts or 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Prepare an 8-inch round cake pan by greasing and flouring it.
- Combine pumpkin, eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger and salt, stirring to combine. Add apples and nuts, stirring again. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake, still in the pan, on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert cake onto the rack, remove pan and let cool completely.