Recipe by Cookin'withGas
Perfect for autumn/fall and right through the Christmas season...This is a truly inspired flavor combination lightened by the use of egg substitute!
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 cup apple, grated
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.; grease a 12 cup bundt pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, ground ginger, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add eggs, singly, beating after each addition.
- Add pumpkin pie filling, molasses and grated apple and beat well.
- Add this mixture to the flour mixture, combining well.
- Pour into the greased bundt pan and bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool in the bundt pan for at least 15 minute.
- Then remove from the pan and finish cooling on a cookie/cake rack.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar and serve.