Recipe by Pink Penguin
This autumn curry is lovely served with a spoonful of fromage frais and nann bread for dunking.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled & cubed
- 800 g baking potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 medium cooking apple, peeled & diced
- 2 teaspoons mild curry paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 1⁄2 cm fresh gingerroot, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 50 g raisins
- 4 tablespoons fromage frais
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the garlic, pumpkin, potatoes and apple.
- Stir in the curry paste, turmeric, ginger and bay leaves.
- Add 500ml of water, the stock cube, raisins and plenty of seasoning. Bring to the boil, stirring. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
- Spoon into bowls and top with the fromage frais and a pinch of turmeric.