Recipe by Family Cook
An easy to make, moist and delicious cake. Perfect for brunch, afternoon tea or dessert. I don't remember where I found this recipe but I've been making it for years and it's a Fall weekend favorite.
Top Review by nkhonig
IiLeft this exact recipe on a cabinet door in a second floor apartment in Seagate, Brooklyn ,NY in appox 1985/86. It is wonderful recipe which I made for my family and friends hundreds of times. The recipe was given to me by a woman I worked with at Lens Express named Laura. It was an old family recipe that she really didn't share with anyone. The only thing I adjusted was I grated the apples on a safety grater. I am so excited to have found it again!
- 118.29 ml butter
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2 medium apples, peeled and diced
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin puree
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml clove
- 1.23 ml ginger
- 9.85 ml orange zest
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter in an elec mixer then beat in sugar until the mixture is pale yellow.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in apples (I use Golden Delicious) and vanilla.
- Add pumpkin and mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the orange peel if you like, it's optional.
- Blend in the dry ingredients a bit at a time until well mixed, add peel if you choose.
- grease and flour a 9" bundt pan or two loaf pans; cook cake for 55/60 minutes or loaves for 45/50 minutes (check with cake tester at 45 minutes).
- Cool in pan for about 10 minutes, loosen and turn out on board to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar when completely cool.