Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Just what a biscuit needs!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with biscuits, corn muffins or oatmeal. Store in closed container for up to 2 months.
Delicious! We really enjoyed this pumpkin apple butter on our gingerbread pancakes. The pumpkin added a new dimension of flavor to my family's favorite breakfast spread. I made this as written, using a golden delicious apple. Also, I was a little generous when adding the pumpkin pie spice...we love our apple butter spicy. Thank you for sharing this quick and easy recipe...it is definitely a keeper!! *Made for Fall 2009 My 3 Chefs*