Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this on my MSN homepage. It has a recipe section. I think it's a Libby recipe. It caught my attention because, first of all, I love pumpkin. But I had wanted to try to make apple butter, but didn't find any that didn't make a vat of it. I don't want to make that much, afraid it might be too much for us to eat. Hope you enjoy this. It's really easy and quite tasty.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup 100% apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 1-1/2 hours.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to 2 months.
- Great on bread, biscuits, waffles and pancakes.
So easy to make. I had just made a batch of apple/pear sauce. So, instead of chopped apples, I used about 3/4 C of the sauce. I like this much better than apple butter (at least the way mine came out.) It's not as spicy. Will try this on English muffins tomorrow morning. Lower fat than margarine.
This is so easy to make. I took it to a potluck brunch to serve with scones and everyone loved it. The apples make a nice addition.