Recipe by D-anna
This is a healthier version of pumpkin quick bread. It is a bit denser because of the whole wheat flour, and has a wee bit of an after taste from Splenda, but worth it to me because of it's nutritional content!
- 1 1⁄4 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free non-fat vanilla yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until moistened.
- Spray loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray (yields enough to make two large pans, I made one large and four small, muffin tins would also work). Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 60 minutes or until set and firm in the center.
- Let cool on wire rack before cutting.