Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cooking apples, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- confectioners' sugar (to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and allspice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, soften pumpkin with back of a wooden spoon. Mix in oil and blend well. Mix in sugar. Add eggs, a little at a time, stirring until combined.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients slowly, stirring with a wooden spoon to blend well. Fold in apples and pecans.
- Divide batter between two buttered and floured loaf pans. Bake in preheated 350° F oven for 50 - 60 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 30 minutes. Remove, and let cool completely on wire racks.