Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the most lightest and delicious pumpkin pie you will ever have, it is so good! Prep time does not include chilling pumkin mixture.
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (1 envelope)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped (can use Cool Whip topping also)
- In a small bowl soften the gelatin in cold water; set aside.
- In a double boiler, heat egg yolks, evaporated milk, pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup brown sugar and spices; cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the gelatin, stirring until dissolved.
- Refrigerate mixture until thick.
- Beat the egg whites and 1/4 cup brown sugar until thick.
- Fold in the chilled pumpkin mixture with a spatula.
- Transfer mixture into baked pie crust.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.