Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Betty Crocker's Holiday Wishes mini recipe booklet.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxwhite angel food cake mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup cold water
For Ginger-Cream Filling
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Put oven rack at lowest position.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put a large bowl in refridgerator while preparing cake to chill.
- In large bowl, beat all ingredients for cake on low for 30 seconds, then on medium for 1 minute.
- Pour into ungreased 10-inch angel food pan (tube pan).
- Bake 37 to 47 minutes or until crust is a dark golden brown color and the cracks are dry.
- Remove from oven.
- Immediately turn pan upside down onto a heatproof funnel or glass bottle.
- Let hang for about 2 hours or until the cake is completely cooled.
- Loosen cake from side of pan with a knife and turn upside down onto a serving plate.
- To make frosting:.
- In the chilled bowl, beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar with an electric mixer on high until stiff.
- Fold in ginger.
- Cut the cake in half horizontally to make two even layers.
- Spread half of the filling on the bottom layer and replace the top of the cake.
- Spread remaining filling on top of cake.
- Sprinkle with additional pumpkin spice if desired for a pretty pumpkin cake!