Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great way to spice up your angel food cake! It's from my favorite cooking magazine, Light & Tasty.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 angel food cake mix
- 14 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- Combine pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger in a large bowl.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Fold 1/4 of the batter into pumpkin mixture.
- Fold in remaining batter.
- Spoon into an ungreased 10-in tube pan.
- Cut through batter with a knife to remove air bubbles.
- Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350 for 38-44 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Invert pan onto wire rack, cool completely.
- Remove from pan, garnish, and enjoy!
Light and delicious! I didn't care for it with Cool Whip, but liked it plain. I think it would be good with some peanut butter or almond butter on it.
I made this for a birthday at work. There are many of us on weight watchers and it was yummy and people who aren't watching their waist loved it too!
Just a so-so taste.