Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From The Vegan Slow Cooker, by Kathy Hester
For the Pumpkin-Tofu Ricotta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated
- 1 (15 ounce) package tofu
- 1 (15 ounce) can cooked pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
For the Lasagna
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 0.75 (10 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- In a food processor, blend olive oil and sun-dried tomatoes until paste forms. Add remaining ricotta ingredients, adding a little water if too thick. (This can be made the night before and stored in an airtight container in the fridge).
- Grease inside of crock pot.
- Spread thin layer of sauce over bottom of slow cooker.
- Place a single layer of noodles over the sauce, breaking off corners to fit if needed.
- Spread 1/3 of ricotta mixture over noodles, then a layer of sauce, then sprinkle 1/3 of the white beans over the sauce.
- Repeat the layers two times more, ending with a last layer of noodles and topping with sauce.
- Cook on low 3 to 4 hours or high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until fork will easily go through the middle and past is al dente. (Add 1/2 cup extra sauce or water if you need to leave it in an hour or two longer).
This was easy to prep and make and the taste was pretty good, but ours turned out a little dry, despite putting the crock pot setting on low for 3.5 hours as directed. I made no alterations to the recipe. Next time, I might check on it before 3.5 hours or add more marinara sauce. This was my first lasagna in a crockpot and I liked the technique. Made for Sun and Spice 2013.