Recipe by Sarah
This soup is a great change from most Pumpkin soups which include cream, it is still a great creamy soup just without the cream!!
Top Review by NancysFancies
Wonderfully hearty soup to make on a damp day in autumn. I used one large can of plain pumpkin (no spices) and fresh basil. I still put the soup into the blender to puree the onions and basil. Will most definitely make this again!
- 1 kg pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 liters chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop pumpkin.
- In a large pot add pumpkin, and also all other ingredients, with the exception of the black pepper.
- Bring the soup to the boil and simmer for approx 30 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from the heat and puree soup until smooth in food procesor or blender, stir in black pepper and serve.