Recipe by Missy Wombat
A yummy savoury scone recipe and a pleasant change if you are sick of baking sweet pumpkin based goods...
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk powder
- 2 spring onions, chopped (aka shallots, green onions)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup cold cooked pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup natural mineral water
- cottage cheese, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Combine the flour, milk powder, onion and nutmeg.
- Fold through the pumpkin, buttermilk and mineral water to make the dough.
- Pat out the mixture onto a lightly floured board and roll out to a thickness of about 1.
- Using a 5cm scone cutter, press out 12 rounds.
- Place these on a lightly floured baking tray and bake at 220 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with dollops of cottage cheese or butter.