Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a 2000 edition of Australian Good Taste
- 4 prepared pizza crust
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto, store bought
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 bunch englis spinach, washed, dried and shredded
- 100 g semi- dried tomatoes
- 250 g jap pumpkin, peeled, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 220 C.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place bases on trays, spread with pesto.
- Sprinkle on 1/2 the cheese, top with spinach.
- Add tomatoes and pumpkin and rest of cheese.
- Bake 15 - 20 mins till bases are golden and pumpkin cooked through.
- Season as desired.
We used butternut pumpkin, cheddar and mozerella cheese and did add a little proscuitto.............And this was just divine!
All I can say is fantastic katew!
If I could give this scrumptious pizza more stars I would. I used a butternut pumpkins but only used 100 grams of thinly sliced pumpkin which I then sliced into strips, 50 grams of dried tomatoes (vaccuum sealed packed no oil) which I cut into a dice and about 2 cups of my own cheese blend (mozzarella, aged cheddar and a touch of parmesan) and 50 grams of chopped baby spinach leaves and and used thin store bought crust and baked on a rack at 200C (non fan forced) for 15 minutes for a beautiful golden and crispy pizze. This has been the first time that I have not known my DM to pick off the greens on her pizza and she requested a second slice (she normally only eats 1) so this is definately a keeper of recipe thank you katew, made for Mkae My Recipe - New Year edition.
Wowee! Awesome little pizza here. I didn't have a pizza crust on hand so just used a good bread for the base, trimming the edges of the crust off. I also thought I had sun-dried tomatoes and didn't. HOWEVER, this little pizza is the bomb! The pumpkin and spinach worked very well together and I just love pesto as a sauce base... This was easy and delicious! Made on behalf of the Genies of Gourmet for Zingo, ZWT 5. Thanks for posting. (-: