For some reason I always wait till I'm specially remembering to increase my veggie intake to do this, but it is one of my all time favourite dishes and isn't nearly as complicated as it sounds.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric (I had run out, so used a bit of curry powder to give some colour instead)
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, with a masel stock cube
- 150 g baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh coriander
- Coat the pan with cooking spray, heat and add the onion. Cook, stirring until softened. Stir in the garlic, ginger, chili, coriander, cumin and turmeric. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the pumpkin, water and stock cube. Simmer, covered about 15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Stir in the spinach and fresh coriander. Cook, stirring, until spinach is just wilted.