Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I would definitely classify this as different and unusual. The combination of ingredients is right for me.
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, melt butter.
- Add onions, carrots, cilantro, ginger, garlic, and allspice; stir to mix.
- Cover and cook 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to the container of an electric blender.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth to the blender.
- Cover and process until almost smooth.
- In a saucepan, stir the pumpkin, milk, and rest of the chicken broth.
- Add in the vegetable mixture and shrimp; cook until heated thoroughly; season with salt/pepper to taste.