Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Copied from Dev Heavilin to try for later.
Make and share this Pumpkin and Sausage Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 1⁄4 lb kale, hard stems removed, chopped and steamed in microwave
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb lasagna noodle, uncooked
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Brown sausage and drain.
- Mix pumpkin, tomatoes, sausage, kale, onions, salt, pepper and thyme. Mix together ricotta cheese and eggs.
- Spread a few spoonfuls of pumpkin sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Lay 3 uncooked lasagna noodles lengthwise in dish.
- Spread the cheese mix on the noodles.
- Then spoon pumpkin sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Continue building 4 layers.
- Save some mozzarella for the end.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes to melt cheese.
- Remove from oven and let set 5-10 minutes before serving.