Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
GOOD Comfort Food. Gave it 5 stars myself!
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 onions (minced)
- 1 stalk celery (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup marsala
- 1 medium butternut squash (cooked, pureed)
- 6 cups chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 5 potatoes (peeled, diced)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh grated cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- In a pot brown sausage. Drain well.
- In pot heat butter. Add the onions, celery and garlic. Saute 3 minutes.
- Add marsala. Let evaporate.
- Return sausage. Add the butternut, stock, potatoes, cumin, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Season. Add half and half. Heat through.