Recipe by Evie*
Creamy colourful risotto
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Well good heavens Evie, this was just delicious. I have never cooked with fresh sage but was able to get ahold of some. Wow, is all I can say. What flavor!! This was a beautiful risotto with a fabulous taste. The pumpkin and sage flavors went well together I thought. Thanks for a wonderful Fall dish.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh sage
- 709.77 ml arborio rice
- 473.18 ml fresh pumpkin, diced
- 828.08 ml boiling vegetable stock
- 78.07 ml pine nuts
- 78.07 ml finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 59.16 ml milk
- 0.25 ml ground nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pan and saute the onion, garlic, and sage for about 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the rice and pumpkin and stir fry for 1 minute until all the rice grains are well coated in oil.
- Add 1/4 pint of stock and simmer, stirring until absorbed.
- Continue to add the stock a little at a time, stirring frequently, for about 25 minutes, until the rice is creamy and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, process the pine nuts, cheese, milk, and nutmeg in a blender until smooth.
- Stir into the risotto, with the final addition of stock, and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve at once.