Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Creamy colourful risotto
Make and share this Pumpkin and Sage Risotto With Pine Nut Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh sage
- 3 cups arborio rice
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin, diced
- 1 3⁄4 pints boiling vegetable stock
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and saute the onion, garlic, and sage for about 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the rice and pumpkin and stir fry for 1 minute until all the rice grains are well coated in oil.
- Add 1/4 pint of stock and simmer, stirring until absorbed.
- Continue to add the stock a little at a time, stirring frequently, for about 25 minutes, until the rice is creamy and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, process the pine nuts, cheese, milk, and nutmeg in a blender until smooth.
- Stir into the risotto, with the final addition of stock, and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve at once.
Well good heavens Evie, this was just delicious. I have never cooked with fresh sage but was able to get ahold of some. Wow, is all I can say. What flavor!! This was a beautiful risotto with a fabulous taste. The pumpkin and sage flavors went well together I thought. Thanks for a wonderful Fall dish.
Absolutely delicious! What incredible flavors! The only changes I have to suggest are in the amount of stock needed, which is closer to 5 to 6 cups or more. This was wonderful risotto and I thank you so much for this recipe!! Dianne
Delicious! Lovely flavours.