Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Would be great served with a nice Chardonnay!
- 100 g butter, melted
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 sheets phyllo pastry
- 125 g ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (and 8 extra leaves to decorate)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- rocket, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. lightly brush a 23cm pie plate with some of the butter.
- Toss pumpkin in roasting pan with olive oil and season to taste. Bake for 30-40 minutes until tender. Removed and cool slightly.
- Working with one sheet of filo at a time, fold in half and brush with butter. Place in prepared dish. Repeat with the rest of the pastry and butter, overlapping to completely cover the dish.
- Bake for 5 minutes until just starting to colour and become crisp. Remove and cool. Place pumpkin in a bowl with ricotta and sage. Roughly mash to combine. Stir in eggs and flour, and season to taste. Pour mixture into prepared pastry case. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Top with buttered scrunched filo pastry sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until filling is set. Stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve with rocket salad.