Pumpkin and Rum Raisin Cake
- Turn oven to 350°F Soak raisins in rum, or apple juice while preparing rest of batter. Grease a Bundt cake pan. Set aside. Using a mixer, beat the eggs, sugar and oil until frothy. Blend in pumpkin purée until smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just combined. Strain the soaked raisins, reserving the liquid. Mix the raisins and pecans into the cake batter.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the center of oven until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then gently remove it from the pan and cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile in a small mixing bowl, combine 3 tablespoons reserved raisin-soaking liquid and vanilla; add icing sugar and blend into a smooth glaze. If needed smooth glaze with more raisin liquid, adding 1/4 teaspoons at a time. Pour or brush the glaze over the cake two or three times,allowing each layer to set before adding the next.