Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a common dish in Italy around autumn time.
- 400 g fusilli
for the sauce
- 85 g unsalted butter
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 450 g pumpkin, cubed
- 2 teaspoons very finely chopped rosemary
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- For the sauce:.
- Melt the butter in a wide saucepan. Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the pumpkin, rosemary, lemon zest and nutmeg (salt and pepper may be added if desired).
- Cover and sweat over a gentle heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pumpkin is very soft. Give it a very light press down.
- While pumpkin is cooking, cook the fusilli until al dente. Drain and tip into the sauce.
- Stir it mix and serve. Delicious topped with pecorino or parmesan.