Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This soup can be made with pumpkin or butternut squash.
Make and share this Pumpkin and Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup finely grated fresh pumpkin or 1 cup butternut squash
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Stir in broth, pumpkin, coriander, pepper flakes and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered 5 to 10 minutes.
- Top each serving with 1/2 cup rice.
This was a really nice, simple recipe. I used butternut squash instead of pumpkin and used 5-spice powder instead of the coriander, otherwise I followed this as written. I also appreciate how quick this was to make. I used brown rice, by the way, and liked it a lot that way. Thanks for posting!