Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
Cookies with a twist
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, then beat in pumpkin and pineapple.
- Stir in nuts and oats.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add alternately with milk to creamed mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls about 2"apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350-f oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Place cookies on a rack to cool.
A good chewy cookie; however, I did make some changes. After dropping on the sheets, I flattened them with a glass dipped in sugar and also added an additional cup of flour to the dough. Next time I'd like to try a little more spice (perhaps cloves?) or maybe chocolate chips to see how they taste. Overall, I do like them and my children enjoyed them, which is rare for them when no chocolate chips are involved! LOL