From Simply Pasta and Italian. Posted for ZWT III
Make and share this Pumpkin and Pear Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- Place the yeast and the sugar in a pitcher and mix with 4 tbs of the water and let the yeast mixture stand in a warm place for 15 minutes until it is frothy.
- Mix both of the flours with the salt and make a well in the center. Add the oil, the yeast mixture, and the remaining water, using a wooden spoon mix to form a dough.
- Turn the dough out on to a floured counter and knead for 4-5 minutes or until smooth.
- Return the dough to the bowl, then cover with an oiled sheet of plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead the dough for two minutes. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to form a long oval shape, then place it on an oiled cookie sheet, pushing out the edges until even. The dough should be no more than 1/4 inch thick because it will rise during cooking.
- For topping: place the pumpkin in a roasting pan and drizzle with the olive oil and cook under a preheated broiler for 20 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Top the dough with the pear and the pumpkin, brushing with the oil from the pan. Sprinkle over the Gorgonzola and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish with rosemary.