Mia in Germany's Note:
This recipe is from "Healing Foods" by Sandra Ramacher. I didn't pay attention to the preparation time, but I guess it was about 30 minutes. I'm very slow in peeling and dicing pumpkins :) The cookbook I got it from is a SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet) cookbook, so the yoghurt used is special SCD yoghurt (24 hours fermented) and the chicken stock is homemade. Feel free to use any kind of yoghurt or cream and whatever chicken stock you have on hand if you're not following the SCD. Accidentally I added 1 teaspoon ground cumin, too, because I mixed it up with turmeric and it was too late to remove it when I became aware of my language confusion ;) But it turned out very nice, so I kept this addition. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup granny smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- yoghurt, for serving
- macadamia nuts, for serving
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- 2Add the onion, macadamia nuts, ginger and garlic and sauté until lightly browned.
- 3Add the turmeric (and cumin, if you use it) and stir.
- 4Add the apple and squash.
- 5Stir for 2-3 minutes and the add the chicken stock.
- 6Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until squash is quite soft.
- 7Pour all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- 8Serve with a large dollop of yoghurt (or cream) and whole or halved macadamia nuts.
- 9Add a little hot water if the soup is too thick (I added some more stock).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin and Macadamia Soup (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.1
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 98.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g